14 November, 2012

#95

Home cooked food.

I am referring to the food that your mom cooked when you were a child. One of my favourite foods as a child was homemade mac'n'cheese, and have found myself making it at least once a month. I make it similar to how my mom did most of the time, but sometimes I feel adventurous and add other ingredients like broccoli, tomatoes, different cheeses(strong/old cheddar, need to try other types though) or mushrooms. Each ingredient adds its own dimension to the mac'n'cheese and gives it a warming, comforting feeling. Another favourite homemade meal is beef stew with dumplings, and now that winter has arrived I have been making this for myself a couple times a month.

What are some of your favourite comforting home cooked foods from childhood?

1 comment:

  1. Agreed on the mac 'n cheese and I make it often, too, with Mom's recipe. Bacon is also a delicious addition, but you'll have to do that one when Em's away. ;) French onion soup and potatoes and dumplings are two other comfort foods from childhood that I still love.

    ReplyDelete